The project CLOUDPYME 2 aims at creating a supercomputing infrastructure to improve the competitiveness of SMEs by:
- Providing SMEs with access to HPC (High Performance Computing) facilities to improve their international competitiveness in line with European recommendations.
- Supporting the implementation of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) tools in the production processes of industrial SMEs in the area of influence, to improve the efficiency in the development of new products.
- Promoting the use of Open Innovation platforms aims at involving SMEs in a dynamic of permanent innovation to enhance their competitiveness.
The project’s main objective is to improve the capacity and efficiency of production for SMEs through the provision of ICT services and tools that facilitate innovation processes, such as high performance and cloud computing, open innovation and product life-cycle management.
- Designing, promoting and implementing the mechanisms and tools necessary for SMEs to access high performance computing (HPC) resources efficiently in order to make their production processes more competitive and develop high value-added solutions.
- Creating a supraregional infrastructure to support open innovation based on technological transfer around free software OOS, involving regional organizations to support the creation of knowledge through the SMEs.
- Promoting efficiency in SMEs through the possibility of implementing product lifecycle management (PLM) tools.
- Designing and implementing mechanisms for self-sustainability. Establishing conditions to continue the project after the funding period. Analyzing, based on real experiences, the business model and plan, in order to fund the necessary infrastructure to make CloudPYME self-sustainable.
These goals complete those previously defined in the first version of the project. You can take a look at them here.
Activity 1: HPC PROMOTION IN SMEs
- Enrichment of CloudPYME services.
- HPC for SMEs.
- Approaching HPC and simulation to SMEs
Activity 2: IMPLEMENTING PLM SOLUTIONS
- Evaluation of existing solutions and selection of software.
- Internal validity.
- Supporting deployment and use of technology.
Activity 3: OPEN INNOVATION PLATFORM
- Analysis of existing solutions.
- Integration into the platform.
- Actual evaluation.
Activity 4: SELF- SUSTAINABILITY
- Market Analysis.
- Business plan.
- Definition of infrastructure and regional expansion.
Activity 5: MANAGEMENT AND COORDINATION
- Pre-launch project tasks.
- Project coordination and management.
Activity 6: COMMUNICATION
- Informative material.
- Dissemination events.